Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 111

Thread: Playin in my Cd player is...

  1. #21
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like a lot of new music, Greenday, My Chemical Romance, Evansance.

    But I'm a moody music listener, Last week I was in a Blues mood, Listening to Sue Foley, Charlie Musselwhite & Jimmy Thackery.

    This week I'm in a flashback mood. I have been listening to Nazareth - Malice in Wonderland, REO Speedwagon - You can Tune a Piano, But You can't Tuna Fish, And a great band from 1973, Silverhead - 16 & savaged (featuring Michael DesBarres).

    I just heard about Wilson Pickett's passing a couple Hours ago, and I dug through the dusty racks of Rogers Cd Vault and pulled out a copy of The Heart & Soul Of Wilson Pickett (1991).

    I started listening to Wilson back in High school. I had bought a copy of Hey Jude. zzzchronologyheyjude I fell in love with his vocal style, How he would take nearly every song and let it build.

    R.I.P. Wilson [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] You made an impression on modern music & you will be missed.

    rog

  2. #22
    Inactive Member statstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2004
    Posts
    246
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just got the double cd by George Strait- 50 #1's. Its a great Cd to relax to. I like his voice and the stories that he writes into his songs.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey there Trash, I like a couple of his songs, but 50 #1's, Thats a lot of George.

    I'm listening to Sarah Evans - Real Fine Place
    She has a beautiful voice

    Norah Jones with Peter Malick - New York (Ep)
    Norah has a haunting voice and it really fits in with the Jazz-rock of Malick's band.

    Juliette (lewis) & The Licks - Speaking my language
    Juliette has the perfect punk attitude to pull this off. I like it.

    <marquee>running</marquee>

  4. #24
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    B0009ENHUW03 SCLZZZZZZZ

    Yep, Thats right the Girl from Natural Born Killers (I love that movie), Is a singer. The above is her 2nd cd (1st on a major label)

    Her music is Hard Rock, Mixed with a bit of punk.

    80934943 l

    You can hear a couple of sample songs from Her at her myspace site

  5. #25
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Juliette Lewis *as in the Actress*?

  6. #26
    Inactive Member cherrysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2005
    Posts
    6,135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow Rog, You find the most interesting MUSIC!!!
    I maust say She's not bad!!!

  7. #27
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Todays selections are from the dusty bottom shelf of my Cd cabinet. You kids may not be familiar with these bands but Its pretty good stuff.

    First up is a old favorite of mine, The Flamin Groovies. This band recorded from'66 to '90, Their frantic, jangley guitars, played some of the best of the British blues influnce Rock. I first heard them in the late '70s when I got the cassette "Shake Some Action", Over the years I picked up several of their Lp's.
    Todays Cd is from a Best Of collection, called "Yesterdays Numbers"

    Earlier I played a Cd that to me still is revolutionary. It was Edgar Winter's "They Only Come Out At Night". This Lp was released in '73, I remember the first time I heard the song Frankenstien, It was at Mac's Pool Hall on the edge of town, I was a little 16 year old hippie punk, just barely old enough to hang out there. They had a blue Jukebox that had extra speakers in all four corners of the room, It was early evening when I got there, probably on a week night and Mac, knew I was into music told me they had added about 10 new 45's. I put in my 50c and started playing the new releases (marked in red), I don't remember any of the songs except the Drum roll before this wild synthicer started playing, Ronnie Montrose Doubled the synth line on the guitar. I was mesmerized, over the corse of the night that song got played dozens of times.

    Soon after I picked up the Lp and I remember playing it over & over in my bedroom with the headphones on. The drum break in the middle where it pans from left to right blew me away.
    The whole lp was awesome with the other hit "Free Ride", The ballad "Autum" and Oddly foriegned sounding "Alta Mira"

    Next up is a favorite of mine from the mid to late 60's, The Seeds cd "First/Pushing Too Hard"
    I first got this copy in the budget bin of our local Ben Franklin five & dime. I think it was about 66 or 67 when I got this gem. At the time It was different with heavy tamborine back beat and jingly guitars through out the songs.
    I met the singer Sky Sunlight Saxon several years ago and tried to tell him how much I admired his work, but unfortunately, his mind didn't survive the 60's, but I still love the music.


    Hey Sis, I'm glad ya gave her a listen. There is so much music in our world, and only a small portion gets heard. I'm always looking for sumptin different.

    Forgive my spelling, the spellchecker won't work today.

  8. #28
    Inactive Member CDNRunaways Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just bought the first 4 Eagles releases on cd. I hadn't heard them for years...they certainly sound great as ever!!!

  9. #29
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello Stephen, I'm glad you topped this thread.

    I liked the early Eagles, but I got tired of the later line up.
    I bet those songs will bring back a lotta old memories. Was it a box set or something or did you just find the 1st four?

  10. #30
    Inactive Member CDNRunaways Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello Roger!!!

    I just found the first 4, for only 10.00 a piece. Pretty cheap. The old songs certainly bring back alot of memories for me. I love most of the tunes, in particular the Bernie Leadon tracks. He was the first one to leave the band (after the 4th album I believe). I imagine he just got tired of the touring, etc. I wonder if he did anything music-wise after the Eagles?? I will have to google him and find out.

    Like you, I never enjoyed the later lineup either. "Hotel California" and "The Long Run" lp's never meant much to me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •